Friday, December 17, 2010

TRON Wrapup (no spoilers so don't worry)

Greetings programs!

Well, I'm still groggy as I write this. Wore out from all the excitement and from getting home late last night.

So, where to begin... The movie was great. The grid is beautiful, but I knew that already from the game where you see a lot more of it, before CLU screws it up. Movie answered a lot of questions brought up by both the game and the first movie and left us with a lot more.

The specifics of the theater. We (me and 2 friends) went to see it at the AutoNation IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale at midnight last night or this morning depending on how you look at it. It was a sold out showing, so thank the user we got our tickets weeks ago. This facility boasts 300 seats, stadium seating, 15,000 watt sound system with 42 speakers in 6 channels, 15,000 watt xenon bulb, and a 5 story screen said to be the largest in either Florida or South Florida or some such thing. The screen does NOT look 5 stories when you're in there. The 3d glasses suck if you wear glasses. However, they could've been worse, I wasn't expecting comfort and style lol. The seats themselves however were the devil. VERY narrow, and very straight. If you have medical issues that cause you pain when sitting straight upright then this is seriously not the place to go. I tried to switch to the side and lean a bit about 10x during the movie to no avail. I left there with an amazing throbbing pain in my lower back and an ass so sore it was numb. But, enough of that lol.

The movie was amazing. Sure I wanted to know the story after 28 years although I knew a lot from having played and beaten the game. But more than that was the look. Not just saying it's all special effects and eye candy cause it's not. It has an emotionally driven father son story that's very cool and several little surprises for the old fans of the first movie. I won't ruin any of it in this post so gonna have to cut my comments short here for now. I may revisit this post in a month or so and write about the things I was like "oooh coool" in the movie and stuff after everyone's seen it and it's out of the theater.

I was the only person there out of 300 people that had dressed up to the extreme that I did. And I wasn't in a TRON costume. All I had was a TRON "inspired" dress by Hurley sporting goods clothing and then added a light disc on my back, and carried a light disc and had a light cycle launch baton stuck in my boot. It wasn't even a costume so to speak. I did see several people with TRON clothing from the Adidas, Reebok, Nike and Hurley TRON lines though. Just T's and hoodies mostly. We got there later than I would've liked cause my friend Pat was eating again, like non stop lol. He's so skinny and all I ever see him doing is eating, I don't get it! Anyhow, like I been saying from the beginning it didn't matter. There are no bad seats in there, especially for a 3d movie. Where we were, in row 2 nearly center was perfectly fine. And we were towards the far ass end of the regular non early seating crowd.

I had wanted to take a bunch of pictures, but I didn't really wanna risk doing it before the movie because I know they are not fans of pictures in there, especially flash photography and just didn't wanna risk any problems. After the movie I did manage to get my friend to snap 2 quick ones of me. My friends don't seem to like having their pics taken so don't have any of them. I of course couldn't give a crap what anyone says or thinks so I was like, here take my damn pic lol. I haven't looked at them yet so odds are they're awful since it was post movie and I had of course been all crying and shit though the movie from excitement and just my basic emotional self. Plus I just generally do not photograph well. I look too pale and my skin reflects too much amongst other things. There were no TRON posters outside of the theater for some reason so couldn't get one near a poster like I had wanted and wasn't about to ask to go back inside to do it cause that's just silly. Did manage to amass a small crowd of on lookers outside while taking those 2 pics, I can't imagine why, nor do I give a crap what any of those total strangers I'll never see again thought. I still need to switch the two pics from my camera to my pc so I can see them full size and really get an idea if they're any good at all. Pic or not I looked good if I do say so myself. I mean seriously, that dress looks good on me! Looked far better than my usual goth or ren garb or trek uniform. And it was amazingly comfortable. Not sure why a tight short dress, stockings and boots with a light disc on my back was more comfortable than jeans, a blouse and shoes but it was. Best thing about that dress, and reason I decided to actually get it is cause it's not over the top TRON. It's TRON "inspired" but not so much that it couldn't be worn on any other occasion just fine. I mean it didn't actually light up or anything. Not that that would matter to me! I'd still wear it wherever I felt even if it did light up. But that's just me, I do whatever the hell I feel like with no regard for the world around me. My friend Pat kept saying I was funny all night, I assume because I went dressed up and because I didn't give a crap that I was the only one. It's what I do! My nature to be that one outlandish person who does whatever they want. Would be stupid to not follow my nature. And besides, now I'll always remember how I was there opening night all dressed up and stuff. Think of all the pointless, harmless, stupid fun I would've missed out on if I didn't dress up in TRON stuff, Star Trek uniforms, Ren garb, goth, etc.

Not so sure what else to say that won't ruin the movie for others. I can say, get the game, play the game, beat the game, before you see the movie if you can. It's worth it for so many reasons. Including the fact that there are several flashbacks in the movie that are direct clips from cutscenes and stuff in the game.

I'll come back and attach a pic of me and maybe I'll scan my ticket stub or something later lol. Just now starting to fully wake up and realizing I'm really hungry!

End of line.

No comments:

Post a Comment