Saturday, October 22, 2011

Titanic in 3D

My mom is perhaps the biggest titanic fanatic ever. My whole life she's always had two stories, two events, two whatever you wanna call them that she's been obsessed over. Titanic is number one, other is Jack the Ripper, don't ask me why.

So, she informed me that James Cameron is intending to remake the Titanic movie in 3D and apparently her and tons of other silly people are up in arms complaining. The thing I'm hearing mostly from what she's told me about this is that, "no one wants to see people die in 3D."

Ok, so I'm like, you realize if the Titanic were made now and released now it would've been in 3D. Big budget James Cameron movie would've totally been in 3D. So because the technology didn't exist at the time it was released we should ignore the technology now? What if it was made in the 1940's in black and white? And then what if in the 1970's someone wanted to colorize it? Would we say, "oh no we can't have the Titanic in color! No one wants to see people die in color!" What's the difference? And what of the future? "Oh now we can't remake Titanic in virtual reality, no one wants to see people die in virtual reality so let's just leave it in 3D!" I mean when does the idiocy stop?

I mean I'm thinking to myself the government if falling apart financially, medical issues run rampant, LGBTQ youth and adults are committing suicide and getting assaulted, there's wars, famine, energy crisis, weather changes, animal torture, joblessness, homelessness...

And people are actually finding time to bitch that the Titanic is being remade in 3D?!? Seriously? WTF, get some perspective people!

No comments:

Post a Comment