Thursday, September 2, 2010

EarthLink, AT&T, & the Murphy Brown Connection (or is that DISconnection?)

So, I've had it with EarthLink. Limit of my patience reached, no going back for them, they've pushed me that little bit too far.

Thirteen or so years ago I needed to get an internet connection. I didn't know who to choose, where to begin, or anything else about it at the time. EarthLink however had a cool sounding pagan ish like name and it was owned by Sprint. At that time Sprint's spokesperson was Candace Bergen and I LOVED Murphy Brown. Seemed like as good a reason as any to choose them.

For over a decade I enjoyed a reliable, decent connection at decent speeds for a decent price. I had no complaints, it worked fine.

Then, I had my first and last problem. Four months, 15 phone calls, and the last thing they said was that there was nothing else they could do and that they wouldn't even open a new trouble ticket.

The problem according to the AT&T tech that was here is the wires in the wall being nearly 70 years old. While I don't think switching to AT&T is going to resolve the issue, I can't deal with EarthLink for another second. Regardless of what happens after I switch; EarthLink must go!

I don't know what I'm going to do about the fact that I need those emails to retrieve my pw's and login info and registration for dozens of websites, games, services, etc. I don't know what I'm going to do about the fact that my mom uses one of the 8 emails that EarthLink gave me. I don't know what I'm going to do about the 80gigs of webspace I'll be losing where my current website, and bits of 3 other old sites remain. I'll figure it out though.

Trying to stay focused I know only one thing for certain... I HATE EarthLink! HATE THEM!

. . . T R A N S M I S S I O N E N D S . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment