Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cool Dream I Had Last Night.

I often wonder where the crazy things that happen in my dreams come from, especially when I have one that I wish I hadn't woke up from.

This dream started pretty strange like most of my dreams that I can remember.  I was working in a grocery store.  Not one of the big chain stores like we have today but one of those old small neighborhood grocery stores that I don't think even exist anymore.  There were only about 4 isles in the store, maybe 8 employees.  My job seemed to be walking around.  I didn't seem to serve any real purpose, wasn't stocking anything or doing inventory, wasn't a cashier or anything far as I could tell.  I was just walking around.  It was my first day there.  Most of the employees looked like they popped right out of a facebook game.  They were nerdy, thick glasses, freckles, pig tails, it was bad.  Except for one old man, looked like Mr. Wipple (the "please don't squeeze the Charmin" guy).  All he was doing was mopping the floor.  Well not so much the floor as mopping the same spot over and over all day.

Apparently the store manager was that fat slimey guy that owns or is editor in chief or something for Penthouse magazine I think it is.  He's been in the news since before I was born, forget his name.  No clue why he was the store manager but apparently he was.  At closing time he comes over and puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "the best part of working here is night time."  I was thinking, like um, ok, cause day time has sucked so far.

Then BAM, everyone was gone and where there were isles with shelves of food there was now rows of arcade games.  Giant arcade cabinets with PC's built into them linked via LAN with 4 player co-op games going on and regular arcade games and classics from the 80's.  Instead of the scummy neighborhood the store was in, suddenly we were in London, I also do not know why.  It was dark and lit like a club, music going, everyone had British accents now.  It seemed like everyone kept saying something about this being a "meet and greet" and I was like what the heck does that mean?  I figured it must be some kind of English thing.  Then some woman, in black leather, with the red and black haircut from the Nightclub City game comes up to me and is like, "ya know this is a meet and greet?  so like greetings" then she jumped me.  I figured she must be bi or gay or something apparently.  Then I woke up.

Ok, I'm not sure what it is about that dream that I liked so much.  All I know is I woke up feeling like it had really happened and wished I hadn't woke up yet.  But, here's the thing.  Since I was a little kid whenever one of my dreams has gone on really long it always ends up morphing into one of two endings.  I know that sounds strange, but I remember growing up every really intense dream I had whether good or bad, if it lasted long enough, would just somehow change and end up in one of two endings.

Most often, everyone on the planet would turn into an alligator and chase me up one of those old fashion outdoor television antennas.  Then I'd wake up.

Or, I'd grab my magical inflatable Donald Duck life raft, inflate it, put it around my waist and suddenly have the ability to fly.  However, I then quickly discover that I do not have the ability to land and wake up about the time I begin to burn up in the atmosphere.

So, maybe it's a good thing I woke up when I did?  LOL  Who knows!

I think I have issues yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment