Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weight Loss Ring... Or Something...

So, I had thought that my first official blog post was gonna be more important, or significant, or something that this most certainly is not.  However, this is what's happening right now.

Well, my mom apparently bought us both one of these Chinese weight loss rings.  They were like 7 bucks.  It's basically a large silver spring with a ball on both ends.  The concept is the balls hit acupressure points that lead to weight loss.  Ok, I can accept that up to that point.  It then goes on to say each finger represents a different area, so to lose weight in your hips put it on index finger, to lose weight in your butt wear it on your middle finger, for a flatter stomach place it on ring finger, and for your thighs place it on your pinky.  Alright sure, why not?  I'm far from fat but I would cetainly still like a flatter stomach right?

Well, first off it's one size fits all, fully adjustable...  So I'm thinking, it's a spring design so loosening or tightening it will cause the ends to no longer be lined up.  So, then how is it supposed to hit the proper acupressure points?

After nearly an hour of trying to loosen it, which turned out to be amazingly difficult, I finally got it on.  The middle part of the ring has two sections of spiral that are so big now that they don't even touch my finger.  The balls on the ends however are still rather tight.  From loosening it the balls are now a good half an inch out of alignment so they're most likely both missing the intended pressure points.  And it's not even nice looking.

Now, here's the punchline.  While I have lost the little bit of faith I had in this thing possibly working, it is in fact doing something.  I don't think it's hitting the points that I had hoped for but it's hitting something.  I am getting the most bizarre feeling up and down my forearm.  Almost painful but not quite.  More like the feeling you get when you hit your funny bone, only much less intense and kinda traveling back and forth from my finger to my elbow.  It's such a strange feeling and so similar to the "funny bone" feeling you get that I actually found myself laughing hysterically for a good 5 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this ring.  I may end up just having to take it off if this feeling doesn't lighten up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment