Saturday, January 1, 2011

/bye 2010

So, I feel like I should say something about New Year's. Not sure what to say though so probably just going to ramble at this point.

2010, not the best year, lots of crap I could have done without. Not the worst year by any means though.

Cats are doing fine, parents are as good as can be expected at their age. Friends... most friends are like the tide, they come and they go. Very small handful of friends that stick around and they're all doing ok more or less.

Health wise I was in 3 different hospitals between Dec. 2009 and March 2010. But, I've been out since the last day of Feb. so that's a pretty long time for me I guess.

Had the bad news that my main doctor, my gastroenterologist has throat cancer, stage 2 I think. He was out of work most of the year but is back now. He's not doing too well though and I don't know how long it'll be before I'm forced to get a new doctor. After 15 or 16 years and 3 code blues and 13 operations with this doctor how do I replace him?

In other news, my EverQuest guild Fates Unbroken quit raiding. Was finally comfortable there after the fall of Stasis last year and bam that's that. And right after the server merge too. EverQuest has been my main past time for over 10 years and it's all changed drastically for me now. With the end of Stasis raids my friends spread out in many directions. After the server merge many more quit or moved to other servers. Then the fall of Fates Unbroken. And this new server is so different, I feel like I'm in a third world country when I play. They do everything different, loot, strategy, even the way they speak and terms they use. I feel like Dorothy lost in Oz with nothing but a damn dog. This year also brought House of Thule, the 2nd best EQ expansion ever and the best expansion in like 6 or 8 years or something.

In semi related news, the year ends with a server merge in EverQuest II as well. However this one seems to have gone pretty well. Nothing seems any different. I guess since only one person I know was playing before merger and that person still plays so not a whole lot to change lol. Not like what happened in EQ1.

2010 brought us some movies, most of which ended up sucking. A lot that looked promising for the Sci-Fi and Fantasy freaks that just bombed. Skyline was awful, Clash of the Titans bombed, Alice in Wonderland was just weird, Devil bleh M. Night Shyamalan really got lame, Robin Hood was kinda weird, Sherlock Holmes was crap, Mega Man major crap. Lots of disappointing movies. There were of course some good ones. First and foremost... TRON: Legacy! AMAZING movie, read my many other posts for more on that. Predators, better than I thought, pretty cool actually. Resident Evil: Afterlife, as good as the first 3 the series continues and is clearly set for a fifth movie after this one. Iron Man 2, fun, exciting, if you're a Marvel comic fan it's a must see. Grown Ups pretty fun if you're into Adam Sandler and a huge cast of great comedians. Inception, odd cast, awesome movie, very exciting, not for the low IQ people. Salt, not sure what to say about that movie. It's the best movie you'll ever hate. It had no end, just when it starts to make sense and get going and you're all ready for some answers suddenly you get ending credits. I'm still like what happened to the rest? lol It was great up until that point though.

TV brought us more of what we already had that was good such as House and NCIS. We also got The Event, an awesome show that's really hard to put into words. If you liked X-Files or Taken then you'd like The Event. I also came to like Covert Affairs with Piper Perabo and the show that comes on after The Event; Chase about a US Marshall.

All-in-all the year was kinda bleh. Biggest events I'll remember will be the release of TRON: Legacy and all the hype leading up to it. And my doctor getting sick. The rest, not significant enough to have left any lasting impression.

So, now here we are, 2011. hmmph. /shrug Guess we'll just wait and see what happens. If I look at my life and how things go in cycles of really bad to really good and some average uneventful years in between I'd have to say 2011 "should" actually be a really good year cause the last 2 or 3 have been bleh and the 6 or 7 before that were horrible. then the 3 or 4 before that were good, then about 7 years of crap before that. So, I "should" be looking at the beginning of a 2 to 4 year span of goodness. One can only hope lol.

Peace to anyone that actually reads this, and I guess to all those that don't too. Happy New Year's 2010 / 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment