Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pet Peeve #153: Amazon.com's Order "Text Trace"

Ok, I usually don't put any one specific company, brand, item or service in these lists but this one is so annoyingly idiotic that it's the first of it's kind to make it on one of my random lists.

"Text Trace" is a function provided to Amazon.com functions through their account settings that allows you to receive text messages on you phone to update you on the status of you shipment.

Their site describes it as such:
Sign-up for Text Trace and we'll send you an SMS text message between 10 AM and 11 PM Eastern time when your package is out for delivery, is delivered or when there is a delivery exception. Standard text messaging rates apply, please contact your carrier for details.


Sounds good in theory. IF IT EVER DID WHAT THEY SAY IT DOES! I just received a message today at 3pm EST to inform me that my package was delivered. My package that the postal service left at my door at 10:30am EST YESTERDAY! If I relied on this thing to check it someone would've stolen my crap before I got to it or it would've been rained on or any number of other bad things could've happened.

I'm just like, why offer this service if it doesn't even come close to doing what it's supposed to do? And not like what it's supposed to do is so super complicated. Seriously, where in the chain of events is the weak link that makes this totally useless?

EPIC FAIL Amazon.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment