Friday, May 13, 2011

Pet Peeve #88: "Regular" & "Original" Are Neither Flavors Nor Fragrances!

It's bad enough these days when you try to buy things they claim to smell like a "Moonlit Walk" or "Spring Meadow" which makes no sense. I can tell you of many "Moonlit Walks" on South Beach and they smelled like alcohol, gasoline and urine.

But seriously, regular and original don't even elicit mental images of anything that might smell or taste like anything! Doesn't matter what it is, toothpaste, deodorant, air fresheners, soap or detergent, candy, cold medicine, vitamins, whatever.

Personally when I go to buy something in which the odor is a significant factor I would like to have fragrances that I know what they mean! I remember as a child things were scented like rose, gardenia, jasmine, musk, orange, chocolate, coffee, something I know right away what to expect. And while these new creative names are vague to say the least they are still better than original or regular.

Is it too hard for a toothpaste or mouthwash company to say mint? I mean seriously, you have cinnamon, spearmint, and "original"?!? w t f.

No comments:

Post a Comment